Catholic Social Action
The Catholic Social Action office empowers Catholics in the archdiocese to celebrate and live out the Gospel’s call to care for life, human dignity and God’s creation through formation in Catholic social teaching, organized social ministries and opportunities for public advocacy and action.
Please note that our office is not able to provide direct financial assistance. If you need support of this kind, we encourage you to reach out to St. Vincent de Paul (Cincinnati | Dayton) or Catholic Charities/Catholic Social Services (Cincinnati | Dayton).
WHO WE ARE
WHO WE SERVE
Catholics in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati who work for the common good of all people.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide spiritual and moral formation on social justice concerns.
- Organize public advocacy and action in accordance with Catholic teaching on issues such as racism, immigration, care for God’s creation, poverty and international peace.
- Oversee local efforts supporting the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and the Catholic Rural Life Conference.
- Provide staff support to regional justice collaborative networks of parishes and other Catholic organizations.
- Serve as the point of contact for ecumenical and interfaith relations for the archdiocese.