Dear Friends in Christ,
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati and its parishes, schools and other ministries are committed to proclaiming the Gospel, forming disciples, and faithfully serving all of God’s people. To fulfill the mission of the Church, we must always do our work in an ethical manner.
To help ensure accountability, the archdiocese provides access to two third-party reporting systems, described below, that allow anonymity and confidentiality for the person making a report. Please read each of the descriptions carefully in order to choose the right reporting avenue.
I gratefully extend heartfelt appreciation for your faithful participation in our ministries. Let us continue to work together to become ever-better stewards in the Lord.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Most Reverend Dennis M. Schnurr
Archbishop of Cincinnati
If you see something, say something. Please report any suspected abuse on the part of any agent of the Archdiocese to the appropriate civic authorities as well as making a report below.
Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting (CBAR)
Consistent with the Holy Father’s apostolic letter Vos estis lux mundi (“You are the light of the world”), the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has introduced a system for reporting any bishop who has:
- forced someone to perform or submit to sexual acts through violence, threat, or abuse of authority;
- performed sexual acts with a minor or vulnerable person;
- produced, exhibited, possessed, or distributed child pornography, or recruited or induced a minor or a vulnerable person to participate in pornographic exhibitions; or
- intentionally interfered with a civil or Church investigation into allegations of sexual abuse committed by another cleric or religious.
CBAR is operated by Convercent, Inc., an independent third-party entity, through a secure, confidential, and professional platform. This is for reporting of bishops only – reports on other clerics or any lay employee or volunteer should be made via EthicsPoint.
To make a report:
call 800.276.1562 or go to
EthicsPoint is a third-party reporting system operated by Navex Global, Inc., that enables anyone to report concerns regarding financial, professional, child protection, or personal misconduct on the part of any employee or volunteer of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or any of its parishes, schools or ministries.
The person reporting concerns can either identify her/himself or remain anonymous. Categories of reports are:
- Safe Environment for Children & Youth
- Workplace Safety
- Harassment and Inappropriate Behavior
- Accounting and Financial
- Fraud and Theft
- Gifts and Donations
- Catholic Schools
To make a report:
call 888.389.0381 or go to