Direct all aspects of the permanent diaconate, including vocation promotion, selection, ministerial and communal development, ongoing formation, assignment consultation and personnel matters.
WHO WE ARE
Deacon Mark MachugaDirector
WHO WE SERVE
Deacons and candidates for the diaconate
WHAT WE DO
- Provide general catechesis and information on the vocation of the deacon.
- Promote the vocation of the permanent diaconate.
- Conduct the selection and admission process for applicants to diaconate formation.
- Provide, through Mount St. Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology, a diaconate formation program for the archdiocese.
- Serve the deacons of the archdiocese by encouraging their spiritual, intellectual, personal, ministerial and communal growth.
- Serve as a resource for placement and other personnel concerns of the archdiocesan deacons.